Would the title above make you click on it to find out more about the intriguing failure of advertising attempt? It sure would. It’s a trick that is used in various areas of our social life to catch the readers’ eye and make them curious about the content.
Marketers come up with hundreds of ideas of how to use the psychological aspects to play with human interest. When it comes to make the reader click on the web site, a good headline that stands out of dozens is enough to make him interested. Though, promoting the product or services, intending to sell them, takes a longer and more elaborate set of actions. That’s where advertising comes in hand to hit the competitors on the market and bait the clients.
Types and Techniques of Advertising
Advertising is a foremost tool at the disposal of the companies and businesses to deliver their message to the customers. Its target point is to draw as many clients and consumers as possible. Think of your most loved commercials and ask yourself what makes them so nice and memorable. Through analyzing the most popular and successful ads, it becomes easier to understand what tricks you may use for your own purposes. Remember Coca-cola Christmas truck ad on the TV or Ronald McDonald walking in a red wig around the shopping mall?
They both have the same goal of promoting the product but use different types of advertisement. The capabilities and techniques involved in publicizing are innumerous and depend on marketer’s imagination. Among the most common types of advertising are:
- Television – it definitely covers broader audience of consumers than booklets or brochures. Think of the Super Bowl ads. Brands choose the most high-profiled, exquisite and amusing content for their halftime commercials. In case you need to write an essay on advertising or create your own ad and develop a concept, we recommend studying some of these ads. Try to analyze not only what is catchy for you but what target audience was meant to be addressed. Find out what was used to attract a specific target faction. Decide on whether it depends on the age, status or profession groups.
- Online – nowadays the most popular and easy source for advertising. Besides of the ads on the websites, Internet offers a great opportunity of promoting products in social networks. If you follow superstars on Instagram, it’s not excluded that you want to follow your favorite, good looking celeb’s style. Fashion houses and brands realize the power of followers and use their famous clients’ accounts and photos as one more source for advertising.
- Product placement – do you sometimes wonder “Hey, they are eating KFC in almost all the episodes on this show”? If so, you’ve spotted a product placement type of advertising. It is usually a hidden type of promoting a product by placing it in the movie or TV-show episode.
- Prints – usually includes brochures in the street or leaflets and handouts in the stores. If you have ever received any ads in your mail box – it’s also an example of a printing type of advertising.
- Outdoor – it means any type of advertising that you meet outside of your house. Recall of the billboards on your way to school or work, ads on buses, poster or huge digital boards on Times Square in NY or Shibuya in Tokyo.
- Celebrity branding – many celebs promote product on TV or in magazines. If your favorite actress or singer claims from the screen that this particular mascara makes her lashes look longer of course you tend to believe, judging by her beautiful photos.
Matching the Content with Needs
It is really important to know well all types of media used for the placement of advertising because each of them has its own peculiarities, influence possibilities, target audience and so on. For example, the ad can be good itself but if it uses a wrong reference, unclear to a specific age audience, it fails. Thus, a successful advertisement has to take both the audience and the content into account.
It means that the whole field of advertising develops too and you need to monitor all the last changes. So don’t worry if you become puzzled with some tasks and remember that a lot of professional essay services are ready to give you all the necessary help to master this discipline.
It might be interesting for you
- Essay Sample: World Affairs
- Coursework Sample: Threats and The Future of Cyber Security
- The most popular series for college students
- Top university rankings
- 3 Things That Can Improve Your Resume
- Expository Essay
- Literature Review Sample: Use of Clinical Systems To improve Outcomes and Efficiencies
- Successful in Education doesn’t Equal Successful in Life