No matter which way you look at it, dissertation is a complicated task. It is like a huge puzzle, broken into hundreds of pieces which you are to gather to get a whole meaningful picture. One piece left, and all is lost.
What does dissertation consist of? Well, apart from various chapters, reference lists and a countless number of pages dedicated to research findings and methods of investigation, there is one more element, without which dissertation will not reach its final stage. This is a dissertation proposal.
Wikipedia.org defines dissertation proposal as a contact between the student and the assessing body. It is a committee that is going to evaluate dissertation at large. Proposal is written and submitted when a student has reached the middle stage in writing a thesis, though deadlines may differ at various universities.
Dissertation proposal main features
If I tell you that dissertation proposal is an extended statement based on the subject under investigation, this will be too broad and obscure interpretation. To cope with this task, you should know all the ins and outs of the question. Therefore, here are main characteristics of the dissertation proposal:
- This is a detailed justification of the actuality of the problem from both a theoretical perspective and practical side.
- A substantial presentation of the references with the proof that these are relevant sources directly related to the thesis statement.
- An overview of theoretical materials used for problem investigation.
- A hypothesis and its correlation with research questions.
- A review of the main methodological approaches that enable proper data collection and in-depth investigation.
- An overview of the applied methods for the results interpretation.
In other words, dissertation proposal answers the following questions: what, why, where. What is the problem under investigation, why is it actual now and where to look for the solutions to this problem.
Considering these characteristics dissertation proposal is a lengthy task that takes up to 20 pages! No wonder that many students turn to writing help online, where one may get a decent even professional dissertation writing assistance. Such services are quite reliable and can perform a good-quality dissertation proposal according to all requirements.
Dissertation proposal presentation
Although a thesis writing service may cope with writing dissertation proposal, its presentation is the matter, which a student has to face individually. Dissertation proposal presentation is even more exciting than the creative process itself. Your main audience during the presentation is proposal committee, consisting of five members from different departments. Among these people, there are sure to be specialists competent in the student’s interest area, as well as those presenting related disciplines. Not to lose face in front of the audience, follow dissertation proposal presentation guidelines:
- Prepare a short outline of the findings discovered by the latest researches in your interest area.
- Dwell upon the relevance of the investigation, define its size and predicted contribution to the field.
- Focus on the appropriateness of applied investigation methods.
There is no set time for proposal presentation. Thus, it will last till all major points are covered. On top of that, researcher will not do without discussion, where a student will have to answer the storm of questions from the committee members. Therefore, it is better to think over possible questions to prepare good answers.
A proposal committee may take time to adopt a decision. If, ultimately, you are given a “green light”, members of the committee support their approval with the signature of the dissertation proposal.
Though this is the first step on the long way to a desired degree. Good beginning makes a good ending.
It might be interesting for you
- Get aware of various scholarships for Industrial Engineering students
- Essay On Racism
- Expository Essay
- Elaborate your correct responding to make an interview successful
- Order Guide
- Travel Essay
- Successful in Education doesn’t Equal Successful in Life
- Student Healthy Lifestyle | Small Habits That Each Student Should Have