The scientific name for smartphone addiction is nomophobia. In simple words, it is a disease which manifests itself in the form of a strong fear to end up without your phone. Not everyone realizes that they are actually having this illness. However, if you have pinpointed this problem in yourself and would like to stop being addicted, check out some effective ways which can help you to cope with the issue.
Symptoms and signs of the addiction
- You spend more time with your phone than with other people
- You use your phone during a mealtime
- You cannot stop browsing even though you know that you better be doing something important
- You feel panicky if you realize that your phone is not with you or if you suspect that you lost it
- You check messages on your gadgets every few minutes
No using phone times
Define yourself at which time you should not use your smartphone by any means. Make it a rule and follow it strictly. For example, it is better to avoid browsing during mealtime, whilst driving and when you work or study. Most importantly, you should restrain yourself while being with friends or family.
Dealing with endless notifications
Dealing with endless notifications is quite simple. Just turn them off, so that they do not distract you by popping up every few minutes. You can also mute group chats, and catch up during a day. You can leave on notifications from family though, in case something urgent arises.
Isolating yourself from phone
Leaving your gadget in another room might be quite an effective method, as you will find it tiring going there very often. If it is too difficult, you may leave the phone in your room, but place it quite away from yourself. If you use your phone to see time, buy an actual watch. And if you use your phone as an alarm, buy an actual alarm.
If you are still not sure, whether you are addicted to your smartphone or not, there are apps that can help you figure this out. They can track your browsing patterns so that you can check out how much time you spend using the phone and make your conclusions according to the results. You can even put limits on usage time and receive notifications when you are about to exceed defined limits.
Staying away from phone might sound scary and unrealizable, but if you know that you cannot live without your gadget, like any dependence, smartphone addiction needs to be dealt with. There are many ways to overcome being smartphone dependent, but everyone finds the best one for himself. We hope that the tips that we listed in this article will help you considerably cut down on a smartphone usage so that you could see the beauty of life surrounding you not only through the digital screen.
It might be interesting for you
- Article Critique: Information Comparison between Quantitative and Qualitative Studies
- Sample Case Study: Hate Crime
- Prominent advices from Steve Jobs that can change your life
- Which working skills will be important this year?
- New challenges in taking GCSEs
- Essay Writing Service
- essay writer
- Tips for Repurposing the Content