Agricultural studies is a broad multidisciplinary field which is primarily based on the subject area of biological sciences and actively uses the knowledge of natural, exact, social and economic disciplines.
Why do we need to study the field of agricultural studies? Knowledge of this discipline is vitally important for the life activity of the whole society as it is responsible, first of all, for providing people with natural and healthy food.
The number of the world’s population is gradually increasing so together with the number of people must grow the number of everyday food manufacture in order to provide all population with the first-necessity products – food and drink. At the same time, one of the key tasks of the field of agricultural studies is to preserve the nature and her functioning.
Solution of such questions as production techniques, agricultural productivity improving, prevention and correction of adverse environmental effects, minimizing the effects of pests, biology of agricultural crops and animals and other, is the duty of agricultural sciences. This broad field covers the following areas:
- Agronomy – the science of agricultural production of plants and mushrooms;
- Agricultural chemistry – applied science that studies the questions of optimization of plant nutrition, fertilizers’ use and soil fertility with taking into account bioclimatic potential;
- Agrophysics – the science on the border of agronomy and physics that studies physical, physicochemical and biophysical processes in the agroecosystem “soil-plants-atmosphere”;
- Animal husbandry (or animal agriculture) – the science that studies all the features of humans’ management and care of farm animals (breeding, feeding, maintenance, etc.);
- Veterinary medicine (is often excluded) – the science that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of animals’ diseases, disorders and injuries.
As it was mentioned before, the field of agricultural studies is multidisciplinary in nature, so the program of the discipline is closely connected with biological sciences, geography, economics and other sciences. An expert in agricultural studies has an excellent knowledge of the variety of disciplines including ecology, biotechnology, microbiology, genetics, geographic information systems, animal and plant physiology, agricultural geography and many others.
Knowledge of such a great variety of disciplines is rewarded – you have a broad and flexible choice of your future career. You may become a professional in the area of farm management, agricultural systems and technology, agricultural law, international agriculture, or in a number of other specialties, in the practice of which you have much more interest and skills.
Besides studying of a great number of rather difficult disciplines agricultural studies education involves studying in lab-extensive settings in order to receive a precious practical experience. So don’t worry if you become puzzled with some tasks and remember that a lot of professional essay services are ready to give you all the necessary help to master this discipline.
It might be interesting for you
- Do physical exercises with satisfaction
- Dissertation Srtucture
- Welfare economics
- Smartphone Addiction | How To Get Rid Of The Bad Habit
- Sample: The Rhetorical Essay and Religion
- Literature Review Sample: Use of Clinical Systems To improve Outcomes and Efficiencies
- Dissertation Conclusion
- English Literature