Canadian Studies is a program, which is related to many aspects of life in this countries. It gives an opportunity to learn more about Canada from different points of view. It is mainly oriented on Canadians, as some of them know little about their own country, and it can also be studied by foreigners, interested in the culture and, literature and social life of Canadians.
What does Canadian Studies Consist of?
Canadian studies combine different humanitarian subjects, but with the focus on Canada. Thus, one can study about:
- Canadian form of English language;
- spoken variant of Canadian;
- the history of a country
- international affairs;
- major cities;
- holidays etc.
Canadian Studies concentrate on the politics, and this program provides valuable knowledge to evaluate the internal and external life in Canada. It examines the past, present and future of this country from a better understanding of actions in the past, and the opportunities for future. This knowledge is also important for predictions of the possible future in Canada.
One will get the understanding of climate chances and how they influence Canada due to this studies. Moreover, the marketing issues and economic relations will be explained as well. Students will learn about cultural diversities, traditions, and customs, which influenced the mentality of Canadian people.
The Main Features of Canadian Studies
- Canadian Studies focuses on the cultural integration and develop team-building, team working skills, along with involvement in a community and self-discipline;
- They give an opportunity to take part in social life of the university and participate in taking of democratic decisions;
- It focuses on the role of Canada as a member of international community;
- Canadian Studies give more opportunities to travel to different cities within the country;
- It gives unique information about Canadian military history;
- Educate a person to become a good leader, citizen, and scholar;
Essays on Canadian Studies
Usually, essays are the most frequent assignments given to students of Canadian Studies, as they demand usage of critical, creative skills, the expression on one’s point of view, and suggesting interesting ideas. There is a variety of different topics on that subject, and usually, they are determined by the teacher, according to his or her preferences.
A student can be asked to dwell upon the literature, history, language, political or ecological situation etc. Requirements are similar to those of the essay on History, Literature, English and other subjects, but it should be concentrated on Canada.
A student should analyze the issues connected to this country and base his or her writing on them. For example, if the essay is related to Canadian history, it is a good idea to present some historical facts and how they influence the present of the country.
It might be interesting for you
- Dissertation Srtucture
- Biography Essay
- Do physical exercises with satisfaction
- How has social media changed college life?
- Should modern teachers be armed to protect their students?
- Cool internships: unusual positions, exiting assignments and unforgettable experience
- Superb free animation softwares