What is repurposing content?
You may not be sure about what repurposing content is, but basically, it is making use of your old content and changing it up so that it can be relevant to people that you want to target for the posts. This is a good thing because you do not have to make up a new content from scratch. You can be sure that you will make your new content modern and relevant to a new group of people.
Here are just some of the benefits that you can get from repurposing your content:
- You can make your favorite topic the latest thing to read again. Let us say that you have written about something that you are extremely proud of, and it has already been forgotten because of the new posts that you have put up. When you tweak it a bit, it will be just like new and people will be interested in reading it again.
- You can maximize the effort that you have made into making the content. When you write about something, there is no doubt that you have made effort into doing it. By repurposing your content, you are maximizing the efforts that you can give out.
- You can target new people. There is a chance that you have already reached out to some people in the past, but you would like to reach out to a new target audience this time around. Remember that it can be easy as long as you know how to repurpose your content effectively.
Now when you’ve already known the benefits that can be received from repurposing, here are some things you ought to remember in order to repurpose your content well:
- Choose content that is popular – The fact that it is popular means that there are a lot of people who are interested in reading about it all over again. If you repurpose this, there are better chances that your content will be read again.
- Repurpose the post into a guide – Nowadays people like searching for tips on how to do certain things. Making an old blog post into a guide will surely be a hit.
- Add videos or images – Most of us better perceive the information with visual reinforcement. We tend to understand content more when there are videos or images that are included in blog post that used to be just full of words. You can also make an Infographics to what you have written about.
- Create a presentatinon – Make interesting grafics with statistics, add meaningful quates, seaarch for realeted pictures. Share slides with advices and interesting tips to a social networks or such sites like SlideShare. It can provide additional opportunities for engagement target audience.
There are a lot of variants how to repurpose your content. The type of content will differ depending on where you are going to post it. The best way to find out how to repurpose content effectively is to experiment.
Leave a Reply