Review of a problem or situation in real life, in which the author analyzes the main problems. In this case, all facts should refer to scientific literature or research results on this topic. In the end, you draw conclusions about why the situation arose, and how to find the way out.
The definition of a case study is the following: it is a method of applying theoretical knowledge to real life situations that you can face at any time.
Such a study gives the student much useful. He:
1. Trains in using theoretical knowledge in practice;
2. Learns to analyze problems in a real life situation;
3. Draws conclusions about how the knowledge gained in the course of academic research will help him to properly respond to the situation.
There are many types of case studies:
3. Critical instance;
4. Program implementation;
5. Program effects;
Let us consider in more detail the four most popular types of the case study.
Illustrative study. This is a description of one or two cases from real life. They allow the reader to get acquainted with the concept and give a general idea of the solution of the problem in a particular case.
Cumulative case study. Several cases are considered here. The main purpose of the author is to draw up generalized conclusions.
Narrative studies. The situation is seen as an artistic story and is written by a third person. There are characters and a plot.
Critical Instance. One or more cases are used here. Then an assumption is made, which is criticized by the author of the study. This kind of case study is very popular for the analysis of situations of causes and effects.
Structure of writing a response to a particular case
Before you start writing a response to a case study, read it carefully first. It's best if you do it two or three times. In doing so, pay special attention to the main problems and a group of people who are interested in solving the situation.
The answer to the case study has its own structure. It includes four parts:
4. Conclusions and recommendations.
Now consider each part in more detail.
Your goal is to briefly describe the life situation and describe the problem to be solved.
Create a more detailed description of the problem. Proceed from the fact that the reader does not have any knowledge at all in this field. This means that you need to give exhaustive information about the situation before proceeding to its discussion.
This part of your essay is a list of pre-prepared questions, as well as answers to them. The answers should be based on information from the scientific literature. The "Discussion" block can include such questions (and subsequent answers to them):
1. What is the problem and what are the consequences for all involved persons?;
2. How can information in the scientific literature help in solving this problem?;
3. What are the ways to solve the problem?
4. How can you evaluate ideas and solutions to this problem for a specific case?
When you give arguments in favor of solving the problem, refer to specific sources of literature. Also, you can use the quotes of scientists entirely. Every answer must necessarily have a reference to academic work.
Conclusions and recommendations
Now you need to write a conclusion. Here you describe the conclusions you came to, and also give recommendations for solving this problem. You should make your own recommendations that reflect your point of view.
The correct approach to writing the answer
In order to correctly approach the writing of a response to a case study, first answer a number of questions:
1. Is the research topic really atypical and requiring detailed analysis?
2. Is the case really important?
3. Is there an opposite point of view on the solution to this problem? If so, what arguments can you give in favor of your opinion?
It might be interesting for you
- Essay on Marriage
- 8 most attractive universities for students and great destinations for tourists
- Cover Letter
- Essay Writing Service
- Personal Narrative Essay
- Student Healthy Lifestyle | Small Habits That Each Student Should Have
- Famous people under 30, who have achieved a lot in advertising sphere
- Critical Thinking Essay