Media and Communication studies are quite young disciplines, which appeared because of the fast development of technologies and mass media. It is relevant and popular degree nowadays as it gives a lot of opportunities afterwards.
Those who enjoy using Twitter, social networks, have their own blog and feel excited about following the news choose this discipline. They will also learn how to create news, combine word and image for needed pragmatic effect. These studies prepare students for the job in the mass media industry.
Key Points about Communication and Media Studies
- Students, who choose this discipline work tightly with other related subjects, so that they may get dual degree in the end;
- This discipline gives an understanding of the world mass media and how it works. You can study the reactions of the society on events and understand how to create news for needed reactions;
- You will learn about mass media both from historic and contemporary point of view, and study such its spheres as advertising, television, digital media etc.;
- There are a lot of job opportunities after graduation;
- There is a lot of team work, as students are to present their own projects with interesting stories;
- You do not need A-levels to study at Communication and Media.
Course Activities and Assignments
Students of this course are to be engaged in different activities during their studying. They are to attend lectures on the regular basis, take part in seminars and discussions, fid time to make different presentations, and be active during tutorials. It is the mixture of different classes, which makes studying productive.
Apart from that, a lot of time students will dedicate to writing projects, essay and course paper to encourage the individual work of the students. Coursework is quite time-consuming paper to write, as it has to be no less than 25 pages in size and contain the results of your research.
Features the Course Paper
Coursework is not an easy task, as it should correspond to the following requirements:
- The course paper on Communication and Media Studies should be no less than 25 pages;
- It should consist of two parts: theoretical and practical one. Include theoretical material in the first part and apply it to a specific case on the practice in the second part of the course paper;
- It should be written in formal style with the usage of appropriate vocabulary;
- Make sure that your work contains no grammar or spelling errors, as they make it less qualitative;
- Such work should be unique, which means it should be plagiarism free;
- The citation and formatting should be done according to the requirements of your university.
It might be interesting for you
- Persuasive Essay
- World literature
- Do physical exercises with satisfaction
- Education systems in the world are diverse and interesting
- Student Healthy Lifestyle | Small Habits That Each Student Should Have
- Diversity Essay
- These books should be read by everyone
- Prominent advices from Steve Jobs that can change your life