Learn the Most Widespread Types of Academic Essays
In order to be successful in academic writing, you should be familiar with different types of essay. It is essential to understand what this particular kind of essay requires from you. There are a lot of top essay writing services which are always eager to help you perform your writing task no matter what type of essay it is. But don`t worry if you have never dealt with a descriptive or an argumentative essay. Almost all good writings begin with the terrible first efforts. You start from nothing and learn as you go. Here are the descriptions of the most popular types of essay.
Describe Somebody or Something in Vivid Detail in Your Descriptive Essay
“Describe a place you always wanted to visit”, “Describe a place where you feel safe and protected”, “Describe your best friend” – if you have received a similar writing prompt, it means that you are asked to write a descriptive essay. So, what is it actually? While writing this type of essay, you can take advantage of your artistic freedom and vivid imagination. Your main task is to create the unforgettable image by using imagery creatively.
What is important to remember while writing a descriptive essay?
- Your title and introduction should be creative and appealing.
- Use quality, relevant and telling details.
- Don`t use repetitive ideas throughout.
- Let your audience feel, smell, picture and imagine things you are describing.
- Add your personality. Write from your knowledge or experience.
<h2>Make a Claim and Prove Your Point in Your Argumentative Essay</h2>
In the argumentative essay, you have to give your opinion on issues our society care most about. For example, you can be asked to answer such questions:
- How should schools address bulling?
- Does technology make us more alone?
- Does reality TV promote dangerous stereotypes?
Your primary aim is to change your reader`s attitude towards something by using proved facts, vivid illustrations and firm language. Of course, there can be a lot of people, who may have the opposite ideas. So, be always ready to fight against them.
What is important to remember while writing an argumentative essay?
- Consider both sides of the argument before you choose your position.
- Show your ability to refute and anticipate any opposing arguments.
- Present the argument judiciously and fairly.
- Support your points with research and examples to strengthen your position.
- Don`t forget to explain to your audience why this particular issue is commonly debated.
Explain a Topic or Inform Your Readers about Something in Your Expository Essay
The purpose of a good expository essay is to explain, describe and inform. You are not allowed to write in the first person or reveal your personal feelings and emotions. Just use facts, statistics, and examples to define your topic. This type of essay requires a profound research to be carried out. The expository essay will help you practice your informative writing skills. There can be a variety of topics to choose from:
- Think about an occupation that is considered demanding or difficult.
- Describe true leadership.
- Describe the major stressors in teen`s lives.
It is quite simple to write an expository essay if you bear such important things in mind:
- Organize your thoughts by using effective brainstorming techniques.
- Evaluate your sources for reputability and timeliness.
- Use attention getters such as questions, quotes or interesting facts.
- Explain in detail one of the main ideas in each body paragraph.
- Present information in logical and organized fashion.
- Reflect on the significance of the information you present.
It is important to remember that expository essay encompasses many essay variations such as:
- HOW-TO ESSAY – explain how to do something paying close attention to details.
- CAUSE AND EFFECT ESSAY – explain the results or the reasons of the situation or effect.
- COMPARISON AND CONTRAST ESSAY – explain differences and similarities between two subjects.
- PROCESS ESSAY – explain to your audience how to perform a particular task.
Create a Story in Your Narrative Essay
Let your creativity flow here. Your task is to make up a good story that is worth of excitement. You do not have to forget about several important elements if you want to do it in a right way. These elements include theme, mood, setting, characters, and plot. You can pick the question that inspires you the most to tell an interesting story. For example:
- What challenges have you overcome?
- What are your fears and phobias?
- When have you failed?
What is important to remember while writing a narrative essay?
- Introduce your characters and describe the setting in the introduction.
- The body of your essay should contain most of the plot.
- Finish describing the action in the conclusion.
- Deliver the moral of your story or make a revelation or a prediction in your final sentences.
Leave a Reply